Ada beberapa ciri perawakan Dajjal yg disebutkan dalam Hadis Rasulullahsaw, diantaranya:
Seorang yg kelihatannya masih muda;Berbadan Besar dan agak kemerah-merahan;Rambutnya kerinting dan tebal. Kelihatan dari belakang seolah-olah dahankayu yg rimbun.
Kami bertanya: "Wahai Rasulullah! Berapa lamakah ia akan tinggal di mukabumi ini? Nabi saw, menjawab: Ia akan tinggal selama empat puluh hari. Hariyg pertama seperti setahun dan hari berikutnya seperti sebulan dan hariketiga seperti seminggu. Kemudian hari yg masih tinggal lagi (iaitu 37hari) adalah sama seperti hari kamu yg biasa.Lalu kami bertanya lagi: Wahai Rasulullah saw! Di hari yg panjang sepertisetahun itu, apakah cukup bagi kami hanya sembahyang sehari sahaja (iaitu 5waktu sahaja). Nabi saw menjawab: Tidak cukup. Kamu mesti mengira hari itudgn menentukan kadar yg bersesuaian bagi setiap sembahyang.."
Maksud Sabdaan Rasulullah saw, ini ialah supaya kita mengira jam yg berlalu pada hari itu. Bukan mengikut perjalanan matahari seperti biasanya kitalakukan. Misalnya sudah berlalu tujuh jam selepas sembahyang Subuh pada hariitu maka masuklah waktu sembahyang Zohor, maka hendaklah kita sembahyangZohor, dan apabila ia telah berlalu selepas sembahyang Zohor itu tiga jamsetengah misalnya, maka masuklah waktu Asar, maka wajib kita sembahyang AsarBegitulah seterusnya waktu Sembahyang Maghrib, Isyak dan Subuh seterusnyahingga habis hari yg panjang itu sama panjangnya dgn masa satu tahun danbilangan sembahyang pun pada sehari itu sebanyak bilangan sembahyang setahunyg kita lakukan. Begitu juga pada hari Kedua dan ketiga.
Dalam hal ini, para sahabat Rasullullah s.a.w. bertanya:"Jadi apa yg dimakan oleh org Islam yg beriman pada hari itu wahaiRasulullah?"Nabi menjawab:"Mereka akan merasa kenyang dengan bertahlil, bertakbir, bertasbih danbertaubat. Jadi zikir-zikir itu yang akan menggantikan makanan." H.R IbnuMajah
Di antara ujian Dajjal ialah kelihatan bersama dengannya seumpama syurga danneraka dan juga sungai air dan sungai api. Dajjal akan menggunakankedua-duanya ini untuk menguji iman org Islam kerana hakikat yg benar adalahsebalik dari apa yg kelihatan. Apa yg dikatakan Syurga itu sebenarnya Nerakadan apa yg dikatakannya Neraka itu adalah Syurga.
Kepantasan yg dimaksudkan ini tidak ada pada kenderaan org dahulu. Kalauhari ini maka bolehlah kita mengatakan kepantasan itu seperti kepantasanjet-jet tempur yg digunakan oleh tentera udara atau lebih pantas lagidaripada kenderaan tersebut sehinggakan beribu-ribu kilometer dapat ditempuhdalam satu jam"… Kami bertanya: Wahai Rasulullah! Bagaimana kepantasan perjalanannya diatas muka bumi ini?Nabi menjawab:"Kepantasan perjalanannya adalah seperti kepantasan "Al Ghaist" (hujan atauawan) yang dipukul oleh angin yang kencang." H.R Muslim
Namun demikian, Dajjal tetap tidak dapat memasuki dua Bandar suci umat Islamiaitu Makkah Al Mukarramah dan Madinah Al Munawwarah.
Syaitan juga akan bertungkus-lumus membantu Dajjal. Bagi syaitan, inilahmasa yg terbaik utk menyesatkan lebih ramai lagi anak cucu Adam a.s.
Ubadah bin Saamit radhiyallahu anhu once said, "I have explained Dajjal to you but I fear that you might not have understood. Maseeh Dajjal will be short, and his legs will be crooked. The hair on his head will be extremely twisted. He will have one eye (with which he can see, and this is the protruding eye about which other ahadeeth inform us) while his other eye will be totally flat. It will neither be deep (in its socket) nor protruding.
If you still have any doubt regarding him then remember that your Sustainer (Rabb) is not one-eyed. (Because Dajjal will eventually claim to be Allah). In a lengthy Hadith narrated by Abu Saeed radhiyallahu anhu , Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam is reported to have said: "Dajjal will come but it will be prohibited and impossible for him to enter Madina. He will set up camp in a barren land outside Madina. One person who will be the best of persons will confront him by saying: "I bear witness that you are the very Dajjal about whom Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam has informed us." Dajjal will say to his followers, "If I kill this person and then revive him, you people will still doubt me?" They will reply, "No." He will then kill this person, (according to another narration he will split this person in two) and thereafter revive him. This person will say, "I am totally convinced more than ever before that you definitely are Dajjal." Dajjal will attempt to kill this person again but his efforts will now be in vain. (According to a hadith, after this incident, Dajjal will not be able to harm anyone.)
Hadhrat Anasradhiyallahu anhu says that Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam said: "Dajjal will come and finally reach the outskirts of Madina. There will be three tremors. At that time, all the disbelievers and hypocrites will flee (from Madina).
In this way Madina Munawwarah will be purified of all the evil hypocrites.
Hadhrat Asma bint Yazeed radhiyallahu anhu narrates that Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam once came to my house and there he spoke about Dajjal. He said that before the emergence of Dajjal there will be three spells of drought. In one year the skies will withold one third of its rains, causing the earth to withold one third of its produce. In the second year the skies will withold two thirds of its rains, causing the earth to withold two thirds of its produce. In the third year, the skies will withold all its water and there will be no crops that year. All animals, be they hooved or toothed, will die as a result. The greatest evil of Dajjall will be to approach anyone and ask him: "If I bring your camel back to life, will you then believe that I am your Rabb?"
This person will reply, "Most certainly."
Thereafter Shaytaan (from the many Shayateen who will always accompany Dajjal) will appear before this person in the form of his camel with a fat hump and fully laden udders.
Likewise Dajjal will appear before another person whose father and brother have long passed away and ask him, "If I bring your father and brother back to life will you believe that I am your Rabb?"
This person will reply, "Why not?" Shaytaan will once again take on the appearance of his brother and father...
Hadhrat Mughira ibn Shu'ba radhiyallahu anhu says that, "No one asked Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam about Dajjal as much as myself. Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam said to me, "How can he possibly harm you?"
I said: "People are saying that he will have with him a mountain of bread (provisions) and a river of water."
Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam said: "In the sight of Allah he is much more disgraced than that. (i.e. Allah knows full well that in reality Dajjal has nothing with him, and all that which appears to be with him is but deception). (Bukhari and Muslim).
Other Ahaadeeth regarding Dajjal inform us that:
- He will emerge between Shaam and Iraq, and his emergence will become known when he is in Isfahaan at a place called Yahudea.
- The Yahudis (Jews) of Isfahaan will be his main followers.
- Apart from having mainly Yahudi followers, he will have a great number of women followers as well.
- He will have with him fire and water, but in reality the fire will be cold water while that what appears to be cold water will in reality be a blazing fire. Those who obey him will enter "his Jannat" while those who disobey him will enter "his Jahannam."
- There will be a thick fingernail-like object in his left eye.
- The letters "Kaaf" "Faa" "Raa" will appear on his forehead and will be deciphered by all Mu'mineen regardless of them being literate or not.
- He will have a wheatish complexion.
- He will travel at great speeds and his means of conveyance will be a gigantic mule. It is said that he will play beautiful music which will attract the music lovers.
- Dajjal will lay claim to prophethood.
- He will then lay claim to Divinity.
- He will perform unusual feats.
- He will travel the entire world.
- He will send down rains upon those who believe in him, which in turn will cause good crops to grow, trees to bear fruit and cattle to grow fat.
- He will cause drought to those who disbelieve in him, resulting in starvation and hardship for them.
- During those trying times the Mu'mineen will satiate their hunger through the recitation of Subhanallah and La'ilaha Ilallahu.
- The hidden treasures will spill forth at his command.
- He will stay on this Earth for a period of forty days; the length of the first day will be one year, the second day will be equal to one month, the third day will be equal to a week and the remaining days will be normal.
- He will be unable to enter Makkah because the Malaikah will be guarding the Holy City and nor will he be able to enter Madina because there will be Malaikah guarding each of the seven entrances to Madina; From Madina he will proceed towards Shaam where Imaam Mahdi will be stationed.
- Finally Eisa alayhis salaam will descend from the heavens and pursue him and eventually kill him at present day Lydda (Baad Lud).